Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We made it!!!

Thanks to all of our wonderful church family in Balch Springs for you prayers as we travelled today!  We had a wonderfully uneventful road trip, and we are now atGrandmama's.  We are staying at a State Park as there aren't many other hotel options available.  It's really nice and peaceful out here and I am so happy that they have high speed Internet.  We actually joked about them having it since our cell phones aren't even working, and what do you know they do!!! Tomorrow we have some things to get done for the big Party coming up on Saturday.  My grandparent were always a big part of the city and all it's goings on. Just a bit of trivia knowledge, my grandfather was the mayor of the city for several years. So the city has been invited. My mom and her sister had an invitation put in the paper to invite everyone.  I hope all of her friends can stop by for at least a few minutes.  She is a wonderful lady with a really big heart, and I am thrilled that have her around to celebrate 80 years of life!!! Well as is usually the case with my family we must arise early in the morning for a home cooked breakfast, this means I need to retire quickly so I can make it.

Whew that was a lot of babbling!!! Sorry! However I do feel closer to sleep than when Istarted. Thank you for listening/reading!

4 comments:

Tammy Bryant said...

Babble on some more!!

Have a great time and say "Happy Birthday" for us.

The Mesquite tournament will be here before you know it, so see you soon!

Linda Elms said...

Mandy, I'm glad ya'll made it without any problems! God is good! I know you will have a wonderful time with your Grandmama and family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a sweet lady!

kgraham said...

Hey Sis. Mandy. Kids are great. We really miss all of you. Love being back home. I have been keeping up with you on your blog. It made me feel like I was still near. Tell everyone Hi for us. Stay in touch.

janet anglin said...

Hope y'all have a wonderful time with your family! Be careful, and have fun!