Monday, January 5, 2009

"Firsts"

Welcome to the New Sunday School Department at Greater Apostolic Tabernacle, Balch Springs Texas. We are Open for Business!!!!!
Sunday was the day of many firsts. First it was the first Sunday of the new year, and the first Sunday of the month, the first Sunday of our NEW SUNDAY SCHOOL!!!!!! It was our first Sunday to take an official role, and the first Sunday for many of our children to ever attend a Sunday School class.

Let me just say...It was wonderful on all accounts. Our church has worked all week to get Sunday School going. With the time of year we are just coming out of being so busy for everyone, we didn't actually get started decorating the rooms until last Monday night. Wow it was a blur of action. All of the rooms look wonderful The Teachers and all their help worked so hard to make it happen on this Sunday. More than one night this past week there were people here until 3am or 4am in the morning working. I will say that the rooms couldn't have looked any better had they had a lifetime to work on them!! They did an awesome job!!!! May I pause to say, I mean SHOUT, "GOOD JOB EVERYBODY!!!!"We had 75 in Sunday School, then we counted 8 - 10 regulars who were out due to sickness or out of town, etc. All of the children were excited and totally loved their Sunday School class. I got some pictures but I didn't take as many as I would have like out of fear of disturbing them all. I am soooooo excited about all the things that are happening. I know God is directing us and will help to meet any challenges that arrive. Here are some of the pictures from our first Sunday!



I must say that we had another first as well but I forgot to snap a picture...Bro Joseph Ouellette from Wichita Falls was in service with us. We really enjoyed having him. It's wonderful to be with old friends and talk about all the great memories that we've made!!!

15 comments:

Christina said...

This is so wonderful to see and hear about! God is and will continue to GREAT things in Balch Springs. The classrooms look great!

janet anglin said...

Absolutely beautiful, wonderful, and awesome looking rooms!! It's great to hear what God is doing in Balch Springs.

Gene Holley said...

We enjoyed seeing it all firsthand on Friday! It looks so great! Congratulations on your first Sunday.

Joseph James said...

I enjoyed being in service yesterday... the rooms were GREAT and every kid I talked to said they loved Sunday School... YEAH!!! (the true measure of the days success!!)

Karla said...

I've been so excited since Andrew called to tell me how many y'all had!! The rooms are awesome and I know they will be filling up soon. Can't wait to hear/read more great reports this year.

Madison S. said...

I am excited to hear how many you had!!! that is awesome. The rooms looked great when we were ther tuesday but the finished product is awesome! Madison and Mason have been praying for Alyana's Sunday school all week! We have been watching for great reports! Can't wait to come down again and next time be in service.

Tracie Smith said...

Yes!!! We have grown our church from 8 to approximately 200 through the medium of Sunday School. This does not count our 32 outreach children who come on Sundays. Mandy, Sunday School is important for your two children and all the children of Balch Springs and surrounding area. Many new converts and 'move-ins' to our area are a direct result of Sunday School.

Expect a harvest!

kathy said...

AWESOME!! WONDERFUL!! EXCITING!!
And I'd be willing to bet the adults were just as excited as the students/children! Great reports!!
Love reading about them and what I feel when I do!
Much love to all of you ... Aunt Kathy

Ashley said...

This is soooo exciting! Children are my heartbeat, so this brings joy to my heart. I will be praying for great things to happen in Sunday School.

Keith and Carla said...

HOW EXCITING!!! The rooms look wonderful, and the number of souls there, even more wonderful. May God continue to bless throughout this year!!!

Michelle said...

How wonderful! The rooms look great, I'm sure the children were so thrilled to attend:) Praying for more great things in Balch!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Blessings on your new Sunday School. The rooms look great. May the Lord bless every effort. Love you

Jeanetta Orange said...

Those classrooms are beautiful!! Your labor of love, teachers, will not be in vain!! The results will be seen in the lives of each child. Great job, pastor's wife. I know you were right in there working side by side with them. You're awesome, Mandy!! And, believe me, I oughta know!! lol
love you!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Elms, your blog is a blessing to me! As a former member of GAT, it is exciting to see the restoration process going on. Seeing some of my old Sunday School teachers back in action brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for the work that you all are doing there. My family and current home church continue to pray for the work being done in Balch Springs!

Linda Elms said...

Ahhh! My heart is overflowing with praise for what God is doing in Balch Springs through ya'll, and the saints of God! Expect MIRACLES to take place! Where there is love given out of pure hearts lives are changed.