Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oops!!!

Yesterday was Alayna's first day back to school, and you guessed it overslept... I don't know if I turned off the alarm or if it never went off or what happened. None the less, we didn't wake up in time. So when I did wake up at 8:05 (5 minutes after school has already started) I was really in a panic. I rushed Alayna through the dressing process, tried to cram some food down her and hurriedly put her and her dad out the door. When the door shut I breathed a sigh of relief and walked back into my room to lay down. In about 15 minutes I heard my husband come back in, and then I heard little giggles. I thought this a little odd of my husband, but then just realized that the morning does weird things to people. LOL! It was Alayna laughing her little head off as quietly as possible as not to wake up baby sis. We had sent her back from Christmas break one day early!!! She thought this was the funniest thing ever. She said "Mom, only the teachers were there". Anyway she just headed out the door again, and now dad has returned without her so I suppose that we got it right today! It was fun having one more day it was like our last big surprise for the holidays!


These are just a couple of random pictures I found on my husbands computer. We were at a youth event in Wichita Falls, and Bro Eddie was there doing the lawn one night. So someone decided to let him use the blower on their face and see what it would look like. Here are just a couple of the results. It was hilarious!!!! These two are bother and sister you can really see the family resemblance in the gum-line...LOL


16 comments:

Karen Prince said...

That is so funny. Alayna will never forget that!
Only Zach and Jessica! LOL! Disgusting!

Anonymous said...

How funny! I see the resemblance too. You made my Day. Thanks
Sis Paula

Anonymous said...

I think Jessica would agree on the typo "bother" & sister. LOL

Tammy Bryant said...

That is great about Alayna!! I am sure that each of you really enjoyed that day.

As far as Zach & Jessica, the pics say it all. LOL!!!

Christina said...

This will be a memory to last a lifetime, lol! Thanks for sharing a laugh.

Mandy said...

Sis. Prince - There were many more who partook in the blower fun. I'll have to see if any of your children were in there I think it was after you all had moved already though! I kept telling them to stop but they just kept doing it...LOL...JK

Sis Paula- WOW what a surprise I didn't even know that you got on the blogs. I knew there was a reason I was drawn to those two pictures...LOL

LOL on the typo...should I fix it...I think not.

I don't usually comment back to everyone but for some reason today I want to so...

Sis. Tammy - How much longer must this torture go on? We have a pretty pitiful face to look at around here. I hope you are getting my drift. Really you know you do what you must I am just teasing. I am so excited about Howie. He's gonna do awesome!

Christina - Your very welcome! With as many other bloopers we perform I am not so sure this one will stand out so much...LOL


Much Love to all of you!!!! I pray you have a great week and an even better weekend.

Tammy Bryant said...

I don't think it will last much longer, but we will see.
It is good to know all is well though.

We are headed y'alls way soon for the quizzing.

Our first one will be the 24th of this month in Vidor.

Keep all of us in prayers.

janet anglin said...

These pictures are HILARIOUS!!! As far as the school incident goes.....that's a first for me. I've ALWAYS had to go back before the students for as long as I can remember, and I've never had a student show up early. Thanks for being the parents you and Andrew are for getting Alayna to school, even though she was a little bit late.

Keith and Carla said...

Too funny!!!

Anonymous said...

O MY WORD!!!!!!!!!! yeah your gonna get you hide and watch LOL!......sigh........i cant believe you did that LOL.........it was a funny night though JESSICA

Michelle said...

Mandy, I'm so sorry you went through all that panic for nothing! Well, yall will remember that for a long time! And thanks for sharing the pictures, those two are a hoot!

Unknown said...

Treasure all the wonderful days of little feet pattering and giggles that create havoc with your emotions; put these memories on paper sweet girl!

Mandy said...

Yes Ma'am

Linda Elms said...

Mandy, I love the incident of the "early arrival"! I can hear the sweet giggles of our little girl. I felt your panic at looking at the clock, too! LOL That's an awful feeling, but I'm glad it was made "right" by the "unexpected present" of having Alayna home an extra day.

As for the pictures....LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the change on Sis. Orange's blog. I did leave a message for her and I meant every word!!!!
Love you always, Joy

Kassie said...

Funny post! The pics are HILARIOUS! Love ya