Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Sun is Rising on a New Year

Well as you can see if you check the post time it's late or early however you'd like to put it. I just came in with the girls from the gym, and we had a blast! Don't worry Ashlyn was asleep a little before we came home. Anyway I wanted to take just a minute and tell you all that we had an awesome service! It was the first Watch night service for our church in a few years so it was extra special. God moved in a mighty way. My husband spoke a little about communion and the sanctity of it before we all partook and then afterwards he cast a vision of what God had given him for this new year! He summed it all up in one Big word, Restoration. He felt that God had put that in his heart for this church and for this year! Talk about getting excited.....WE DID! After this we watch the past three months in slides and it was great! I am so happy for what has happened in just the few short months we have been here but I can't hardly contain what I feel when I think about what is going to happen in the next few months!!!! I hope and pray that all of you had a blessed and safe New Year! I love you all and I expect great things in 2009.

9 comments:

janet anglin said...

This is awesome, Mandy! God's using y'all in a mighty way, and I know He will restore and complete the work He has started!!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

God Bless you Sis Mandy and Bro Andrew....

I am proud of both of you and the oppotunity the Lord is allowing you....

Gene Holley said...

Happy New Year! We love you and look forward to great reports in 2009.

iluv2prshim said...

Happy New Year! Love you all.

Keith and Carla said...

Happy New Year!!!

kathy said...

Happy New Year ... the year of Restoration! That's awesome and I'm looking forward to the great reports.
The picture is beautiful! Did you take that just before you posted?

I love all of you ... Aunt Kathy

Jeanetta Orange said...

New beginnings, new advenures, firsts, are always exciting. Sometimes scary, but exciting. God is with you all and that makes everything right. Everything will work according to His will.
Love you, sweetie.

Tracie Smith said...

Happy New Year!!! Waiting to hear all the good things 2009 holds.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your welcome, and it sounds as though you are on the brink of great things.
By the way, your SS looks great!!