Monday, January 12, 2009

Ashlyn's 2nd Birthday

Happy Birthday to You...Happy Birthday Dear Ashlyn...to you.


What a wonderful little lady and what a wonderful day. Ashlyn in really two years old I can't hardly believe it. She is so much fun and a true joy to be around. Most of you who know me very well know that Birthday a re a really big deal to me. My mother always made my birthdays extra special and I loved it, so in turn I love to have wonderful birthdays for my girls. My philosophy when it comes to birthday parties are the bigger the better. Thank the Lord for a husband who helps to temper this. LOL Well he really does try to anyway. He had said on more than one occasion do we really need that, to which I quickly reply YES!!! LOL
Ashlyn's birthday falling so close to Christmas makes me want to be sure and make her birthday special. It's so easy when you have a child so close to such a big holiday to not do so much for them. They just recieved there wish list for Christmas and pretty much we are tired of partying by the time Christmas is over. So once again I tried really hard to put all that out of my mind and make sure she had a party as if her birthday was in June!
We had a such a great party with all of our wonderful friends and family. We were so happy to have both of our parents here for all the fun. With the way our lives all are I really wasn't expecting it but I was soooooo happy they were here. Ashlyn didn't really know how to act when all the attention came to her and we all sang Happy Birthday, but with a little coaxing she blew her candles out like a pro. Since Christmas is so close she did great tearing through the gifts. I actually had to re-tape one of them she found a day too early, lol she really like opening them.
Ashlyn recieved all kinds of presents and wonderful wishes for her birthday. Thank you all who shared in the occasion. Today we opened all the boxes and played with all the toys for quite sometime, she really enjoyed everything. She got a magnet set for the fridge that she puts animals into and they sing and talk, we played this for a few minutes and then I was going to show her how it went on the refridgerator, she had a melt down. "Mine, mine" she said over and over as shee pulled at to get it from the door. I suppose the whole sharing thing really comes into to play at this age.
Now it's on to potty training. She's doing really well. If we could stay at home for longer intervals I think she'd be done in a few days. Oh, well she will be potty trained and life will go on.
I have some pictures for you all to enjoy of the day.

Once again and for the last time until next year...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Ashlyn...to you

9 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Happy Birthday, Ashlyn! Glad you had such a fun party. You are a cutie!

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like she had a wonderful day!

Meagan said...

How CUTEEEEEEE! I had a great time at the party! Ashlyn and Alyana both are angels!

Tammy Bryant said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn! You are so so sweet and cute too!

Lynda said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful party!

janet anglin said...

Looks like FUN!!! I'm glad Ashlyn had a good party, and she's soooo cute!!

Jeanetta Orange said...

You're a great Mommy that ALWAYS puts on a fun party!! So glad we could be there to enjoy the day!!

kathy said...

Yes you are a good Mommy and Ashlyn was an adorable 'Birthday Girl'!

I too can't believe she's already 2 yrs old ... and I've only seen her ONE time! =( But that will change next week. I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the girls and will miss Andrew.

Love to all of you ... Aunt Kathy

Unknown said...

Awe Mandy She is so beautiful....It is ok to do huge birthdays..I love it