Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving FUN!!!

As with all the Holidays we just relax let our hair down (literally) and have a blast! I have previously stated that I love family but I will say it again, there's not much better than just having fun with people you LOVE!!! This year started out with a bang! Poppy had a fire going out in the pasture when we arrived. I really didn't notice it too much until it got too dark for us to race in the scooters up the drive and attempt to ride the rip-sticks (those things are dangerous). Then as we all headed for the back porch to to get cleaned up WE SAW THE FIRE!!! Immediately we knew we had to roast some marshmallows, only Grammy didn't have any big ones so we settled for a hot dog roast! Me and Steph took the kids out and had a blast roasting and eating burnt hot dogs! One of the funniest things that happened was watching Lamarq run from the ants. He was wearing flip flops and he kept standing right in the middle of the ants. We got him out of them and then in a few minutes he hollers, Somebody just poured ants all over my feet! LOL He was standing right back in them! There have been countless games of softball and football and lots of castles built in the sand pile! The kids have all played so well together with only a minor disturbance, when the kids from up the street said that their poppy was grumpy they all got a little upset, it was funny how they each came to us and told of what they had said about poppy so protective of the man they all love!!! The meal was great as usual but the company was wonderful! There's nothing better than being with people you love!
I did take some pictures and I was looking forward to sharing them the problem is they are on my mother's computer and the CD drive that you burn a disk with will not work sooooo no pictures for now, sorry Aunt Kathy!

3 comments:

kathy said...

You best do something about posting those pictures SOON! lol :p
I just wish I could've been there enjoying all of you, and taking my own pictures. However, it was nice being with Mom a few days.
Love you ... Aunt Kathy

kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathy said...

P.S. I'm actually surprised you didn't try roasting the 'miniature' marshmallows! =) Just teasing ... maybe.