Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dear Journal

I've stated in the recent past that I would like to Journal but I just don't take the time to sit and do it at the end of the day. However, if I were to journal one my entries would read something like this...

Dear Journal,

I have had an experience that has both been one of the most exciting and one of the most anxious ones of my life. Although I know this is just the first of many to come it still didn't lessen the impact it had. I'll just dig right in and share with you. In my new role I have had many different encounters already, one of which has involved me encouraging someone that God was going to come through on their behalf. Although I have had to trust God for myself on many different occasions all of which have resulted in different outcomes. I have seen God "come though" and make it "all right" and then I have had to just walk by faith. All of us who have lived for God for any length of time have experienced what I am talking about, can I get an Amen! However trusting God for another's desperate situation is a bit different. I kept assuring this precious child of God that He would come through while on my own time I was desperately seeking the Lord's intervention on their behalf. All through the day I would find myself lingering in prayers about this situation sometimes in my struggle I would say God, You have got to come through. I knew He would, but when He did...WOW! As I sat at lunch with my family my cell phone rang and it was "them". I must say each time I would speak to them I was a little on guard trying to say only the right things because I really didn't know what God was going to do. I just knew that His ways are perfect and that He would take care of it. So I said a cheery hello and what I was met with on the other end was a voice full of excitement just waiting to tell me how God had done it. I don't want to invade privacy with the details but just know that when what you receive is just what you need to the penny you KNOW that God is in control. I can't say that I've been any more happy than that moment to hear the voice of a blessed person and then to be able to just relax and smile and say "I TOLD YOU HE WOULD DO IT!!!"

Well since this is my first journal entry I am not sure how it should end so I'll just say goodnight!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Mandy,

I enjoyed reading your journal! You need to write in it more often:)

Linda Elms said...

Mandy, I love seeing how God works in our situations. I knew you would be an awesome Pastor's Wife! LOVE YOU!

Ashley said...

He is an on time God!

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

I enjoy your writings and miss it when you are not "online"
Love you

kathy said...

It never gets old hearing about the many ways God performs. Your journal entry was great. Sorry I didn't comment sooner. Looking forward to more journal entries...AND pictures. lol =)

I love you. Give my love to Andrew and the girls as well.
Aunt Kathy

Joseph James said...

I really do believe that God allows us to have more power through our spoken word than we realize- particularly in a leadership role. God will honor the position He has given you- and will grant you the authority and wisdom to carry it out. I can't wait to visit your church!

Mandy said...

We're ready for you to come!!!!!