Thursday, September 18, 2008

Good News and Bad News!!!

Thank you Jesus for protecting these two wonderful men!!!

I believe it was Tuesday night that my family received their power back. They were very thankful and quite excited about the possibility of getting some semblance of normality back into their lives! Since then they have focused on others and what they can do for their community and the surrounding areas. My mother and grandmother travelled to pick up some window units to give away and they've been in touch with the local radio station to help find people who need things the most! I told my husband the other day before all this started that I remember the feelings of unity that a crisis tends to bring and I wish in some way we were closer to be a part of the restoration! Things although not good are looking up and there spirits are are lifted as well! It is amazing how when we shift our focus to others how much better our situation immediately appears to be! Through all of this in speaking with my family Mom reassured me over and over they were fine and then she would say there are just so many who have it so much worse! My brother told me this morning that one of the nearby churches has at least 45 families that lost there homes! Please keep them all in your prayers and reach out at every opportunity you get!

That was the good news the bad news is that this morning on one of there generator runs my dad and brother were involved in an accident. A man didn't see them coming and just rolled out into the intersection and they couldn't get stopped. the airbags deployed and that's where my brothers injuries came from, dad is complaining about his neck. They are pretty sure it's just whip lash but his doctor wants to do a cat scan just to make sure! I haven't heard back from them yet as to what those injuries are for sure. I just wanted to make a quick post and ask you all to remember them in your prayers! Thank you!

3 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Mandy, we will be praying for your dad. Please keep us informed. My email is traciesmith@conroeupc.org
Ike was so large and the Orange area is so much lower than here. It still amazes me that though it came in to Galveston that areas so far away are so devasted by the monster. We are still without any services but are doing good. We are at Trent's he does have water/sewer and we bought a generator. I like your Mom hurt for those who have lost so much. Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Mandy, we will be praying! I know you're concerned and would like to be home. God is with them. Maybe you can go check on them soon. I love you!

Anonymous said...

There are always blessings in the midst of every storm. Even tho' many have suffered much devastation, we, in Deweyville, have been spared. Darrell's new barn lost half of the roof. I had a couple of leaks in my kitchen. . .but God is working all things for our good. Thanks to all for your prayers.

love ya,
Jeanetta