Thursday, July 5, 2007

Girls on the Go!

We just got home from visiting Grandmomma. We had such a wonderful visit. My mom invited us to go with her to see her Mother in Kentucky! (Thanks Mom) We left Monday after Camp Meeting, Andrew drove us to Texarkana to meet my Mom. We arrived in Dawson Springs around 11:00pm Monday night. Grandmomma hadn't seen Ashlyn except in pictures, so this was a neat trip. We also made this trek when Alayna was 5 months to let Grandmom see her. Neat how things work out isn't it. Well we played Uno, caught fireflies, played Deal or No Deal a new DVD game, Blew bubbles, went shopping, ate Grandmom's good home cooking, and just enjoyed each others company! Of course Grandmomma thinks Ashlyn is just a doll and such a good baby, She even fussed at me a little for the time Ashlyn spent in her carry seat. I explained that she is content and doesn't mind just sitting, don't worry when she got a little fussy we got her out...immediately! Our visit flew by and we left to head home on Friday. We spent the night in Texarkana again and Andrew picked us up Saturday Morning. I am so glad we were able to make this trip. You realize how special family is the older you get! I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we enjoyed making the memories! One such memory was a conversation that took place between Grandmomma and Alayna. Grandmom had gone out on the patio to watch Alayna ride her scooter. She began to ask Alayna about going to public school and whether or not she was excited about it, Alayna quickly replied "Fortunately I am not going to go to public school because my mom teaches me!" Well I don't think her mom will have the patience to teach her but we will see!

11 comments:

Tammy Bryant said...

I loved them all, especially the bubbles!

Keith and Carla said...

Enjoyed the pictures! So glad you got to go and enjoy family.

Karla said...

This looks like such a fun trip! Going to grandma's was always fun and relaxing. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness; you are still alive!!! lol Just teasing ... I know you've been busy with camps, etc.

The pics are great; reminds me once again what I missed out on. I'm really glad you got to take the girls to visit great-grandmother. Mom so enjoyed all of you.

I'm not sure who enjoyed the bubbles more, Alayna or Grandmama. lol

The girls are adorable. Don't forget to get me a copy of the disc.

Love to all ...

P.S. Karla ... you're right. Some of my fondest memories are visiting with grandma.

Christina said...

Okay, the slide show is great! I laughed and ahhhhhed. It just looks like ya'll had a wonderful time. Oh, and Mandy your girls are truly so beautiful. Your a great family!

Linda Elms said...

AHHH! I loved the slideshow and I'm so happy you got to be with your grandmother. I have so many great memories of "going to Grandma's house". I really missed you all and was so happy to have you home. Love you all bunches!

Michelle said...

Looks like y'all had a blast with the grandmas! The girls look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Looks like a blast.

Kim said...

I am glad ya'll had such a great time. We miss ya'll when you are gone. I always love going to my grandma's house!! Your right about how important family is the older you get and about making memories:)

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Mandy, you do such a great job with your page. I enjoyed the pictures!!
My grandmother was a the longest living member of my family (my parents and maternal grandparents all died at an early age) and so very special to me. My children have many wonderful memories of their great grandmother. I'm glad I are one..lol.

Mandy said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! It makes the hours worth while..lol!