Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lord, We Give Her Back to You

Sunday, July 8,2007 We gave Ashlyn back to the Lord! It was such a special day in our lives as was the day we gave Alayna back to God.
I can't explain the feeling that a parent feels when they are given a child! My husband and I both say it is almost like a spiritual experience. When we were awaiting Ashlyns arrival we wondered what it would be like because Alayna's birth had been so neat. Everyone who had more than one child assured us it would be as special! They were right. You feel such a duty to this innocent baby. One of the main thoughts I remember thinking in the moments after her birth were "If this baby goes to heaven it will depend alot upon Andrew and me. Wow you talk about responsibility. This weight of responsibility is much greater than whether or not we make the rent or provide the best for our girls. We have to get them to the other side.
With all of these things in mind, it tends to make their dedication very meaningful. We truly view it as giving them back to God, not just a ritual we go through. Not only was Ashlyn given back to God but a new commitment was made in Andrew and me to do the very best we can to see this little angel saved.
Both of our Dads participated in the service since Dad Elms had the major part in Alayna's Dedication He suggested that my Dad do Ashlyn's. Everything was perfect and lots of good instruction was given. Thank you to two of the greatest men in our lives for such a special day. Ashlyn, Daddy and Mommy do plan to dance on the streets of gold with you someday!!!

6 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

I love these posts!!! There's nothing like a child pouring their heart out to God with such innocence and faith!

Anonymous said...

How precious! She's a little sweetheart.

Awesome Joy!
Awesome Responsibility!
Awesome Committment!
And ... Awesome blog post!

Much love to all of you,
Aunt Kathy

Mandy said...

Thank you! I know this is alot of posting but if no one else enjoys it I know Aunt Kathy will! I love you too glad we can share this with you!

Michelle said...

She looks so beautiful! I loved this post, it reminded me of our most important job as parents. Alayna and Ashlyn are blessed to have such wonderful parents and grandparents.

Linda Elms said...

This was a very special time for us. Thank you for sharing your pictures so I can see our beautiful granddaughters! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures. I love dedication services. Congratulations to you and Andy.
Love you!