Monday, October 20, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend!!!

Pamela and Ashlyn matched Sunday and so we had to have a picture!
...and we're off and running! What an awesome God we serve! I am always amazed at how He does things. During our time of transition I often prayed and about where God would put us and about how we would feel when it was "right", but in all my prayers I never dreamed it could be so good! During this time of waiting we had another door open to us but I just felt yuck about it! I asked my mother if she had ever felt "NO" about a place that God had moved her and dad or had she always felt good about it and knew it was right! After thinking it through as she always does, she assured this was never the case for them! I continued to pray about things and I prayed God if it is your will for us to go there then you have to let me have joy and peace about it! Well that obviously never worked out and now I understand why I felt that way! God was preparing us and Greater Apostolic Tabernacle for each other! Thank you Lord! I can say that I am happy and I feel peace even amidst the changing in my life. I guess it's a woman thing that we kinda like everything to be settled, but I can truly say that in the middle of my current world (my home) being turned upside down I am happier than ever and I have a peace like never before! God is Good!
...back to the weekend. We had a wonderful service Sunday morning God really met us there and touched each of us in a special way. Then on Sunday night my husband started off by reading Palsm 150, we then went into a great worship service! During this part of the service a couple walked in and sat near the back of the church, a little while later they moved up to the second row. Come to find out the lady was a grand-daughter to Bro. Haney they really enjoyed the service and at the conclusion they said how friendly everyone was here and that they were looking for a church to attend regularly. We found out that they lived just across the street and would probably be back! That was exciting to everyone to have some candidates for the Holy Ghost in the building! Okay, back to the service. When my husband took the pulpit to minister he spoke a little about how our testimonies and a good report causes our bones to be fat. After a time of instruction on how to testify and BE POSITIVE!!! we had a good old-fashioned testimony service. It had a little twist to it that we used to do in Youth Services, we called it God bless. What this means is that after you finish you testimony you simply say God bless someone else and then they have to testify. A little while later our bones were sure fat and we had heard from everyone in the congregation! It was wonderful!
When I was blessed I shared a scripture that God had given to me and my husband during our time of seeking His will. It's found in Isaiah 41:10 I read it and talked about the strength that we had received from this passage and encouraged them to get a hold of this same scripture when they face a difficult time! I am sharing my testimony only because after church a couple of the ladies called me over and told me this: When the church in Balch Springs had been having one of there meetings concerning voting on us or not this lady had stood up and read that exact scripture to the body! Wow I am still amazed at how God works! Another of the testimonies was about how God sees us as pieces to a puzzle and He know exactly where to put each on to make the bigger picture! She said "God never gets a piece or person in His hand and questions where they're going to fit He already has the perfect place prepared". After service it felt like we had been sitting around at a family reunion hearing wonderful stories about our family! We felt so unified and such a spirit of love and camaraderie! I hope your weekend was half as good as ours, and I pray that next week is even better!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Mandy, thank you for this post! I love hearing about your new church, what a wonderful confirmation the Lord gave you with the Isaiah scripture! And that news about Bro Haney's granddaughter is wonderful! Yall will have a full house before you know it in Jesus name! We love you:)

Mandy said...

Thank you Cruz News! I took off your comment as not to cause curiosity and I took care of the problem as well! Thanks I had no idea that was even possible! Thanks again!

Jessica M Marquez said...

Hey Mandy. Bro.Haney´s daughter, Liz Shivers, is my very close friend. I´ll comment to her that you had a visitor from her family there..What was the ladies name?

Mandy said...

Hey Jessica I just found your blog! Her name was Michelle I didn't get a last name! It's a small world to think that you know someone connected to Bro Haney. I suppose you know it's not THE Bro Haney but He's an elder man in our church there in Balch Springs.

Linda Elms said...

Mandy, I'm so happy to hear this awesome report. As I read your post this morning, I felt like I was in church with you and Andrew! God has "put the puzzle together". That's AWESOME!

Madison S. said...

Mandy it is so wonderful to hear such a great report of God's blessings. I love that you had a praise report! Its great to uplift the great things God is doing in our lives!

kathy said...

Mandy, it's wonderful to hear the great report of the weekend; one more report of just how AWESOME our God really is. I am so excited for you, Andrew, and the girls. I look forward to hearing more each week.

Ashlyn's expression in the pic is so sweet.

Love you bunches ... Aunt Kathy

Mandy said...

Aunt Kathy - I love you too! Ashlyn has just started that little face when you tell her to cmile for a picture, it's really funny! I too am excited about what God has in store for us! I know it won't always be easy but I do know that anything you do for God will be rewarding!!!