Thursday, October 9, 2008

We're Moving!!!!!!

We just got word from the wonderful church in Balch Springs, Tx, GreaterApostolicTabernacle">(click link for a street view of the church...give it a second to load). They asked us to be their new Pastor and family! We are ecstatic to say the very least!

I want to share just a little of the story of how it happened for us, if I may. Well I guess it's my blog and I can do as I please, it's your choice wether or not to read it. LOL! Anyway....

As many of you know we have worked in Life Tabernacle in Wichita Falls for nearly the past 6 years. We have loved every minute of it. The people have been so wonderful, and we have friends that will be friends for life!!! After God moved the Elms and things happened in our lives, we knew God was preparing our hearts to move us. We just didn't know where we were going. During this time, we were at a bit of a low, and I remember saying to my husband, "God has people somewhere who need us." I really don't know where the words came from, but they sure comforted us during our time of waiting on and trusting in God. As we traveled home from Camp Meeting, we were talking about what God might be doing with us, and feeling a little frustrated because it felt like He didn't know where we were. I looked out the window of the car and read a church sign as we passed. It read, "Read Isaiah 41:10". We were in a conversation, so I reached down and got my bible and held it open to the scripture until we finished talking. This is what it says "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; Yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." We have held fast to this scripture during this time of waiting, knowing that He was our God and He did know where we were, and what He was doing in us.

We decided to take our little family vacation to Dallas this past Summer, and while we were there, we met up with the Elms to have a bite to eat. They had been in Balch Springs at the request of the church to help them during their time of transition. As we sat at dinner that evening, they began to share with us about this church they had gone to. I listened and we just enjoyed talking about what God was doing for them there. After we left the restraunt, Andrew told me that when Mom was talking about the church, he looked down at his hands to see if they were trembling. He said, "My insides were shaking so much, I thought my hands were shaking." As we drove that evening in a light shower, the most beautiful rainbow filled the sky. We just kind of said to each other, "It's a promise from God that He knows where we are!" A few days later we got a call from the spokesperson of the board in Balch Springs. He asked us to come and preach for them on a Wednesday night. We readily accepted. After being there on that night with the people, I have to say that we did fall in love with them. Love at first sight if you please! After being there that Wednesday, my husband woke up early and just had to go back to the church on Thursday morning. He sat in the parking lot and prayed. We left and came home, and began to pray and fast about what God would have us to do about what we felt! During this time we recieved another call about going to the Austin area, but we both felt a "NO" in our spirit immediatly. We still prayed about this door that had opened and honestly told God that we were willing to do whatever His will was. When the church in Balch Springs began to take resumes', my husband sent ours in and we just waited some more to see what God wanted. We were scheduled to go and preach in Balch Springs after two other men. The door in the Austin area closed and this made us feel even stronger about Balch Springs. When we went to "try out" it just felt so right, but we kept checking ourselves and saying whatever God's will is. Then, tonight to recieve the call and we were voted in by a large majority it just feels right!!! I feel humbled that God would choose us to serve in such a great way. If there is anything I have always wanted, it's to serve Him to the fullest of my abilities! We are honored more than words can ever express to have this priviledge. After having been on this journey with the Lord, He is even more dear to me than ever before! Now our house just needs to sell and we need to get there! I am not real sure how to end such a post, as I have never written one of this nature, lol. God is good, and He does know the right time and the right place for each and everyone of us!


16 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Andrew and Mandy, CONGRATULATIONS! God definitely knows where we are and puts us where He chooses! We are thrilled how God has done such a great work. There is revival coming to Balch Springs like never before! To God be the GLORY!!!! We love you so much!

Karla said...

I am SOOOO excited!!!! Y'all are such awesome people and now to know where God wants you is just incredible! I can't wait to see what's in store for you and your "new" church in Balch Springs. Love you both and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Tracie Smith said...

Ok, I'm crying and Kent is smiling! Mandy, we have prayed for you and Andrew earnestly during your recent transitions. When we learned of the Elms preaching in Balch Springs Kent said that is the church Mandy and Andrew will take. I laughed and asked how do you know? He said 'those kids' will do good there! We are so excited for you. Please keep your blog up to date with all the good things that will immediately begin to happen.

You have two cheerleaders in Conroe!!!!! We admire you and Andrew.

Gene Holley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gene Holley said...

Congratulations! I knew God had this special place JUST FOR YOU!! It has been a trying time for both of you, but you have kept your spirits right and God has honored you with a church family to lead in His Kingdom. I have enjoyed your excitement over the last few weeks as this door opened wide. You will do great!

Mandy said...

Thank you all for your wonderful confidence! I know that through God we will be able to accomplish a great work for His glory! I am excited and ready to be about His business once again! I told my husband dring this time of transition and trying to find our place that we would appreciate being in His perfect will and having purpose in His kingdom like never before! We need your prayers! Thank you all!

Lynn said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you both! I know God is going to do mighty things in Balch Springs!!

Karen Prince said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for y'all. Isn't it wonderful the way God takes care of His "kids"!
Love your family:)

Keith and Carla said...

We are so happy for y'all!!! You guys will do a great job, and we are looking forward to hearing great reports from Balch Springs.

iluv2prshim said...

When I picked up the phone last night and heard Andrew's voice, I knew! :) I said, "well"? And he said, "Aunt Ronda, you can now call me PASTOR". I was ecstatic for you both. God surely knows what He is doing with our lives and He has placed you exactly where you need to be. God sure does answer prayer. Love you BUNCHES!!!

Michelle said...

I just wanted to tell you again that we are SO happy for yall! Please let us know if you need any help packing, moving, babysitting etc, remeber, I'm just down the road from you! I told Abigail this morning, and she did cry, but then I reminded her we would go and visit, and when she is older she will see Alayna at camp and stuff, and now she is fine! Love you all!

janet anglin said...

Mandy, I know this has been a very difficult and trying time in your life, but once again....God has pulled through! I pray God's richest and deepest blessings for you, your family, and your new church!

Madison S. said...

We are so excited for you! The church looks great. Can't wait to go for a tour. You know if you need anything let us know!

kathy said...

It was exciting to get your call Wednesday night. You'll be a great asset and do a great work for God's Kingdom. Both of you have a great attitude and God has known exactly where you were. I am thrilled for you.

P.S. Thanks for the 'forceful' invitation, Amanda. Who knows what might happen/take place. =)

Love to all of you.

Ron and Jerry Ann Guidroz said...

Congratulations to two wonderful people who have a heart for God and His kingdom. We are so happy for you and know God will bless you and your famiy. Love you...

Jessica M Marquez said...

Mandy, as I was reading your blog post, I felt to tell you that you and Andrew will experience a revival like you have never even imagined. God is with you both. You will see miracles, signs, and wonders that will cause an immediate growth in your congregation. God is about to move in an extraordinary supernatural way. I´ll be praying for you both.

Jessica Marquez
Missionary to Costa Rica