Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Birthday!


No, I didn't accidentally re-post the last one, today is a birthday for another very special man in my life! Wow it sounds a little weird thinking of him as a man, but I guess 34 qualifies for a man. It is amazing how as the years fly by you still think of your siblings and yourself as kids. On all other counts he is definitely a man! He has always been an incredible provider for his family making sure all their needs are met and then some! His walk with God is definitely that of a mature man! I must say this is the quality I most admire in my older brother! He has set the bar high in living for God! I remember somewhere around 15 or 16 that he made a commitment to God to pray daily, and not just for 5 or 10 minutes! He would head to the church during the day sometime and pray! At family gatherings when we are all together for the whole day I've noticed he'll still gather his family and they'll slip away somewhere for a time of prayer. The man just don't miss a day! I love you for this you are an inspiration to me! As for your preaching it just don't hardly get any better! I know this is a direct result of the previous. You are so much fun, I love being with you and laughing at the stupidest things. I know other people either pity or envy us, I guess I don't really care which. I love the relationship I have with you being able to speak freely and still have a deep unchanging love for each other! I do hope I can be all that I feel like you are in life! I love you and I am sooooo glad you are my "BIG" brother in all the ways you are! I am thankful to know I'll have you with me through the rest of life whatever it brings I know as a family we will be okay! Michael you are one of my heroes!


Love Always & Happy Birthday,

Mandy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the most incredible, best looking 34 yr. old guy in the entire world. How proud dad and I are of you as a son, husband, dad and minister of the gospel. I couldn't be prouder. I couldn't love you more.

Mom

Karla said...

Happy Birthday, Michael! I hope your day has been wonderful!

kathy said...

WOW! That was quite a tribute; so well written, Amanda.

I spoke with you earlier today Michael, but if you read this, again Happy "34th" Birthday. I hope you had a great day. I love and admire you; I agree with all the things Mandy wrote about you. 8)

It is fun being around when the two of you are together. Stupid is right! But I love it!!!

Aunt Kathy

iluv2prshim said...

Happy belated Birthday Bro. Michael. I pray you have many, many more blessed years to celebrate.