Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Catch Up

Well I have several things to blog about so here we go again.


-A couple of Saturdays ago Alayna and I went to the library for a Dr. Suess Birthday Party! It was a neat time. They had several different activities centered around Dr. Suess. Alayna made a hat like Cat in the hat's, she played a few games and won some prizes, got a free book and won a door prize. They gave you a ticket when you arrived and we were one of the last ones to get there so I really didn't think she'd win. They called several numbers of children who had left already and then they called hers. We were so shocked, she was very excited to get a stuffed Yurtle the Turtle.

Making her Cat in the Hat, hat

All done! Nice hat!
Playing the Green Eggs and Ham Game.
Spin the wheel and win a prize!
Door prize winner! Yurtle the Turtle.
Happy Birthday Dr. Suess


-I think Alayna wants to be a Botanist, someone who studies plants. She help Grandma and Grandpop plant some flowers last year, and really really enjoyed it. So as soon as she saw flowers on the yard she wanted to pick and plant them in her little pots. She told me the other day that when Dad got home she wanted to ask him if the back yard could be her garden. Who knows maybe we'll be eating fresh vegetables this year...LOL
Alayna the Botanist. She really did this all by herself.
And now for the water!
The purple one actually lived until the torrential rains came and blasted them from the little pot.
-For those of you who aren't privileged to parent daughters, here's a bit of information you might not know. They follow you everywhere and get into everything that you are doing or trying to do. Can I get a witness??? Mom Elms tells of a time she was taking care a Danelle for Aunt Ronda and she couldn't believe how much more of her time she consumed than the boys did. Case in point, I was attempting to clean my refrigerator the other day and Ashlyn insisted on being very involved. I couldn't help but get tickled and grab my camera and she made herself quite comfortable. With her sippie cup in hand she planted herself right in the door of the refrigerator. Now when you have the door open and she's near she tries to reclaim her space.
I was forced out of the way so she could sit.

Like a Queen on her Throne!!!
Did I accidentally get on Mom's way???

This is a picture of success!



-As most of you know Alayna went for a visit to see Uncle Gene and Aunt Karla. One of the funny things that happened took place during bedtime prayers, Sharon wrote this out for me so I'll just retype what she wrote. " It was Saturday night and she was a little nervous about going to bed. Anyway, we were in bed and we had already said out prayers when all of the sudden she said Oh God help me to have good dreams, then Aunt Sharon did you know that if you don't tell your good dreams, they come true? I said really. Then she said Oh, God help me to tell my bad dreams. I knew where we were going with this so I said Alayna, bad dreams don't come true, only the good ones. All of the sudden she said, Oh, God never mind, I didn't know that, Aunt Sharon just said that bad dreams don't come true. I nearly died. It was so funny and she was so sincere." For her homecoming celebration her daddy made her a welcome home sign and we blew up several balloons to put in her room. We were really glad to have her back.
Thank you Aunt Sharon and Alayna for the gifts from abroad!
Wow! that's a lot of balloons!

Welcome Home Alayna!!!

-Okay we are all caught up again except for Easter and because I have so many pictures I will do a separate post so ta ta for now!

9 comments:

Karla said...

Ashlyn is a MESS!! LOL! But so cute!

We really enjoyed Alayna coming to visit us. She picked out Chad's tie for Easter (there's a picture for her on our blog).

Hopefully she can come back again SOON and bring her mother with her!!! ;-)

Michelle said...

Loved hearing about everything! So that's why Alayna got some seeds for Easter, I read these backwards! I died when I saw the pics of Ashlyn, she is so cute LOL!

Linda Elms said...

Mandy,I LOVE this post! LOL! The girls are so much fun. They bring so many smiles, and laughs to us! I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES and STORIES!

Christina said...

Okay here is your witness on girls doing everything, everyway, and everywhere mommy does. The picture of Ashlyn in the fridge is hilarious! Quick one here, the past two times I've been in Ross and took Breann with me she starts picking up the shoes and other stuff off the floor to put up. She is giving me stuff telling me to put it up! Then tonight she gets up from the table at Cheddars and says she has to clean the table. She is asking me to move stuff and give her the napkins so she can clean. Maybe all that says too much about me, LOL!

Madison S. said...

I have one of each and yes girls are so much more time consuming then boys! All the little details is amazing what they come up with. Their imaginations are totally different from boys and they have to involve everyone

Keith and Carla said...

Amen to the girls taking up more time, but I LOVE it! Now that ours are older, they are wanting to learn to cook and clean (that is a blessing)!

Mandy said...

Thank you Sis. Carla for the hope that lays before us!!! LOL I love having girls! I am never lonely and I never want for someone to talk to!

kathy said...

All the pics and postings were enjoyed, of course!!! The girls are so cute and you are a great MOM!!!

Alayna, looks like you had a nice 'welcome home'! Glad you had fun visiting, at the library, etc. I hope you have a wonderful vegetable and flower garden this summer.

Ashlyn, Queen Bee ... I think you need to find another throne! LOL You are precious! 8)

Much Love to ALL of you
Aunt Kathy

Mandy said...

Thank you Aunt Kathy! I love you too! I was really watching to see what you thought of all this! Love you!