Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 2 -The Magic Kingdom

Well today is the big day!!! We have saved and planned and saved and planned and saved and planned...for this day for almost a year now! I can't believe it's finally here!!!! We had to ride the Monorail to get the park, as does everyone else, and when we could see the castle from the window you could feel our excitement in the air! This is the day I told you about earlier. In case someone reading this didn't see that post I'll repeat it. It's too cute for anyone to miss. As we walked down the main street, Mary Poppins and Bert were strolling along with some of the other characters and the castle is standing in the distance, I wish I could portray the feeling in words. Alayna looked up at me and said "Mom all my dreams did come true!" This is pricele$$. Only a parent knows the feeling of sheer joy in their child's face and it was all over her! We had scheduled a breakfast in the Crystal Palace due to a recommendation from Curtis and Julie. We ate a delicious meal while Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet came around to our table and visited with us! It was a great way to start the trip! After breakfast we rode rides and watched shows and had an absolute blast!

10 comments:

Christina said...

It all looks so exciting and pleasant, I can't wait for more pics now. So in that case make sure you hurry and post some more!

Gene Holley said...

Wow! This brought back so many memories! Glad you had such a great time.

Karen Prince said...

Your post is so cute! I'm sure y'all had a blast. Of course, you know you better start saving for another trip to Disney, so Ashlyn will remember it! LOL

Tell Alayna I'm glad her dream came true!

Michelle said...

I just love Disney World, so glad ya'll made such good memories this year!

Mandy said...

We've already said we have to go back! I think I would go every year, maybe every other. It's just so magical. All of you who have ever been know this though.

Roxana said...

I lived an hour away from there for 4 years and have only been 2-3 times. What a shame...make sure your girls get to go often! Gotta keep those dreams alive!!!

Kim said...

I was really excited when I saw you posted your pictures. It looks like ya'll had a blast.

Joseph James said...

I love the picture of Alayna waking up! My mother's favorite pictures where the ones where she would wake us up on 'big' days and snap a shot to see our reaction. I am still smiling...thanks for sharing.

Madison S. said...

These are great pictures!
Can't wait for more. I must agree with Joseph I love Alayna's picture waking up! I can't wait to take my 2 we are thinking next year!

Anonymous said...

I too love the pics of Alayna when you woke her up. All of them are great. I know you had a wonderful, memorable experience. Thanks for sharing.

I've been to Disneyland/CA MANY years ago, but to Disney World/FL only once ... you were a toddler, Amanda, and Michael was quite young as well. lol

Something I always wanted to do with Jonathan but never had the opportunity. He did get to go though with his Dad. Glad you got to go and take the girls.

Love to all of you ...