Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Brief Hello...

I am just sitting here for a few minutes thinking of the things I have read on other blogs tonight and reflecting on my own adventures of late, and the things to come in the next few days. As for the past, the newly appointed teachers here at Greater Apostolic have been hard at work making our vision a reality. We had a goal of beginning Sunday School on the first Sunday of the year and guess what....It's going to happen. The room are looking so wonderful! We are excited about everything they have planned and seeing it all come to pass. I can't wait to see the faces of the children who have never experienced Sunday School. I plan to have my camera ever ready for Sunday. The future hold a watch night service for us. I am looking forward to this as well. We plan to start our service at 10:30pm and go until after midnight at least. Then those who are feeling young will stay after for some volleyball and basketball in the gym. Sis. Misty has been taking some pictures since we have moved here and is preparing a year end slide show for this special service as well. So our future is bright, and I can't wait to live in it. God has been so good to us in more ways than you can imagine. The people here tell us often how privileged they feel that we are here, but what they don't know is how we feel the very same way. Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I think of how God picked us to be with these precious people. I often pray that I never lose the joy of the calling! I love all of you and I pray that you are getting ready for the greatest year ever!!!!







I have had a few post without pictures, and since I love to see other peoples pictures I decided to post a few new ones for all of you!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I am the first to leave a comment since it's nearly 3:00 am and you just logged off from updating your blog. You talked about how exciting it is to be with us but you might not realize how exciting it is for us to see the excitement on your faces. Love you much!!!!

Joy

Tracie Smith said...

Exciting!!!

I LOVE the pics! Kelli is such an awesome photographer.

Happy New Year...

Lynda said...

I LOVE your pictures!!! I am so happy for you and Bro. Andrew. I can feel your excitment and expectations for the coming year and can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things God is doing for your family and church.

Karen Prince said...

Love, LOVE the pictures. You have a beautiful family!

Gene Holley said...

Great to hear from you and the pictures are awesome.

Jeanetta Orange said...

wonderful pictures. we were with you "on location." I love you and thoroughly enjoy reading about and seeing you all "on screen." The new year holds great things for the Apostolic church in Balch Spgs. God will add to the church daily. . . .

Keith and Carla said...

So enjoyed the pictures - such a beautiful family!!!

Michelle said...

How exciting for those children to experience their first Sunday School! And the pictures are wonderful as well, thanks for sharing!

kathy said...

Awwwww ... LOVE those pictures!!!
I enjoy reading your posts and feeling the excitement of what's happening in the Balch Springs church.
I love all of you ... Aunt Kathy

Linda Elms said...

First, I LOVE THE PICTURES!

Second, I can't wait to see the pictures from this coming Sunday. I know Sunday School is going to be wonderful and the teachers will do awesome! PLEASE post pictures as soon as you get home from church. GREATER things are going to be happening at Greater Apostolic in Balch Springs this year! Love you all so much!

Kassie said...

Hey...I haven't looked at your blog in awhile. SORRY. :) Anyway, these pics are great! Miss you...