Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Disciplining your children!!!

Tough love, vs. spanking Most of America's population thinks it's improper to spank children,So I tried other methods to control my kids, when they had one of 'those moments.' One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride, and talk. They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique. This probably will work with grandchildren, also.




Thanks Aunt Sharon for the parenting tips!!!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL, this is so funny! We I taught preschool, there was a HUGE difference in the behavior of the kids that were spanked and the kids that were not. All of the children misbehaved occasionally, but the kids who were not spanked had awful attitudes and they were so defiant.

Gene Holley said...

Take some corners too! That gives an extra incentive... LOL! Of course— I would never go 99 miles per hour as you did.

Roxana said...

I, like Gene, have to go slower due to the HUGE speed bumps scattered around town! Hmmm we were getting ready to go for a ride anyway.....:}

Keith and Carla said...

I never tried going that fast with mine! lol

Linda Elms said...

Ya'll are all crazy! You better not treat any of my kids like this! :) Of course, I know you wouldn't! LOL!

Joseph James said...

I think it is a wonderful idea... what a great parenting tip! lol

kathy said...

LOL! Yes ... CRAZY!
Stop misbehaving...maybe. Calm Down...I DON'T THINK SO!
And to think I've bosted of the good parent you are. Oh my ... 8~)

Loved it! Thanks for the laugh.

Much Love to all of you.
Aunt Kathy